Here is an example of a podcast which contributed to increased sales. Forrester’s Groundswell award winner for B2C Talking was Lion Brand Yarn Blog and Podcast / Converseon. According to Forrester:
…Lion Brand Yarn created a biweekly podcast that generated 15,000 to 20,00 downloads…
…Those who visited the company’s social media were 41% more likely to buy at the Web site…
…Hosted by a pair of LBY employees, the podcast was produced bi-weekly and focused on knitting and crocheting topics. The podcast was posted to a dedicated blog, distributed via iTunes and also given away as a CD in store for less tech-savvy consumers. The podcast was designed to be a conversation with customers and knitting community figures more so than “internet radio” in the broadcast model…
Key success strategies used are:
- the distribution of the podcast via the web and CD – multiple touch points and re-purposing existing content is a low cost method to spread the word;
- targeted audience – small numbers but high influence and conversion;
- real people hosting the show;
- patience – this was an 18 month campaign – it takes time to build an audience;
- they showed customers how to use their product – this can lead to “Aha!” moments for the listener which contributes to brand loyalty;
Here’s a link to the Lion Brand Yarn blog and podcast . . . enjoy and learn!
Podcasting works for Lion Brand Yarn and it can work for you!
_Thanks to Our Sponsors_________________________________________
Strategic Online Marketing
Corporate Computer and Network Specialists