In a previous post I pondered the business value of a video resume service for BRASSmedia. Not just a video on a disc but spread across the web as well. The feedback from some queries I made to local recruiters and job placement agencies was varied. Here are some of the replies:
- you need to look good in a video – if you don’t look good, don’t do it!
- a video would be a valuable tool;
- with technology such as digital cameras and cell phone cameras, people can create and upload their own videos;
- not yet, maybe it’s time will come;
- HR people don’t have the time to look at videos.
It looks like it’s not quite ready for prime-time yet!
Here’s my home-made video profile. It was created with my webcam and simple software.